Does your fitness or activity tracker clearly say that you are not getting enough sleep at night? In this day and age, it can be very easy for a busy adult to have a hard time getting to dreamland. With all the tasks to carry out and problems to worry about, one can easily end up wide awake at night.
Some people take antihistamines to help them sleep because drowsiness is one of their side effects. Others choose to get prescriptions for insomnia. However, they have to face all sorts of side effects the next day.
Having a hard time enjoying a good night’s sleep? Well, you can perform stress- and anxiety-busting activities at the end of a particularly tiring day. You can also avoid drinking caffeine and alcohol at night, as well as steering clear of exercising a few hours before you hop into bed.
Then you can also try some herbal teas that are proven effective in battling insomnia. Go to a reputable herbal or health food store on the web or offline and see which of the following are available:
- Chamomile tea. Thanks to its popularity, you can buy chamomile tea practically everywhere you look. Not only can this tea promote a good night’s sleep by relaxing your mind and body, but also encourage superb overall health because of its antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
- Lavender tea. Another very popular herbal drink perfect for insomniacs is lavender tea. It has a very pleasing aroma, and taking it at bedtime can help you fall asleep much faster. It’s great for adults and kids alike.
- Lemon balm tea. Certainly, stress and anxiety can keep you wide awake at night. You can fight off both of them by having a cup of lemon balm tea. It’s also a drink that you may take if your acid reflux is acting up, which is something that can definitely deprive you of sleep.
- Peppermint tea. This herbal drink is well-loved by those who like to enjoy quality sleep without popping a pill in their mouths. However, peppermint tea may trigger heartburn in some, especially those with acid reflux.
- Valerian root tea. A lot of people say that this particular tea is superb at making them fall asleep at night. It does not really come as a shock because valerian root tea is known to help relax the mind. It’s for this reason exactly why it’s perfect for people who are bugged by high stress and anxiety levels.
- Magnolia bark tea. Usually, magnolia bark tea is recommended for battling stress and anxiety. Since it’s very good at calming the senses, its consumption is also beneficial for those who are suffering from insomnia.
The post Herbal Teas That Help Treat Insomnia