The combination of baking soda and vinegar has been traditionally used for treating a number of health issues. Even though it is made of simple ingredients which are inexpensive and easily affordable, this powerful combination is extremely effective and it can provide many benefits.
Despite being used to clean the house or wash the hair, this mixture can prevent almost all types of diseases and help to maintain an ideal weight. It sounds amazing, right? So, let me explain more.
Why combine apple cider vinegar and baking soda?
Baking soda and apple cider vinegar have opposite pH, and they are alkaline and acid, so you can freely consume this drink without worrying that it will harm your health. You can obtain all the properties of this remedy without acidifying the body, which usually has an altered pH caused by poor diet and bad habits. Many people consume baking soda to fight gastric acidity, but this is not recommended in the long term because it can lead to an alteration of the naturally acidic pH of the stomach.
Properties of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has important nutritional values, having the ability to purge and revitalize the body. It is a great source of fatty acids, vitamins A and B, enzymes and many minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, sulfur, zinc, and silica.
Most important benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- It has rich content of vitamin A and it can prevent ocular dryness
- It is an effective diuretic and it can eliminate excess fluid from the body.
- Due to its sulfur content, it can eliminate the toxins. It acts directly on the liver by helping it to better metabolize the fats.
- It boosts the metabolism and eliminates excess fat from the body, thus helping in the weight loss process.
- It is rich in enzymes and it can improve digestion. It is very beneficial in the case of gastric acidity, sensations of heaviness, and flatulence.
- It helps clean the urinary tract and maintains urine acid, thus preventing urinary tract infections and kidneys
- It reduces the inflammation of the gums. You can use it as a mouthwash before eating.
- It improves the condition of the intestinal flora, thus preventing constipation.
- It reduces triglycerides, cholesterol, and uric acid levels.
- Due to its mineral content it can prevent muscle cramps.
- It reduces the risk of stones, hepatic, biliary, or kidney stones.
- It improves dental health and prevents gingivitis, tartar, and cavities.
- It eliminates mucus and treats colds or sinusitis.
- It prevents kidney stones from uric acid.
- It soothes coughs and sore throats.
- It calms down urinary tract infections.
- It improves the condition of the skin and hair
- It treats gastric hyperacidity, relieving it immediately; Moreover, it treats and prevents gastric ulcers, which occur in environments that are too acidic.
How to prepare:
- 1 glass of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (organic)
- A pinch of baking soda
It is recommended to use high-quality, organic apple cider vinegar. In order to get the maximum benefits, make sure to consume unpasteurized vinegar.
How to consume it?
You should consume 1-3 glasses a day of this drink, but make sure to take this remedy on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before your next meal.
If your purpose is to clean your body, you should have a drink 1 hour before each of the 3 meals of the day. But, if you simply want to maintain the body clean, you can drink 1 glass on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before breakfast.