We all love muffins, so today, we are suggesting a recipe for an incredibly delicious, and anti-inflammatory ones, full of antioxidants!
The main ingredients in the muffins are sweet potatoes, which are highly beneficial for your health. Their flesh is rich in beta-carotene, which destroys free radicals in the body, as they are really harmful, and affect the DNA of cells, leading to mutations, which may result in various cancers.
Additionally, sweet potatoes are high in nutrients and thus prevent acute and chronic inflammation, which may lead to various severe health issues and chronic diseases.
This is how to prepare these muffins:
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted (1 cup, packed)
- ¾ cup of organic canned coconut milk
- 3 organic free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
- ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
Method of preparation:
You should preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and oil the muffin tray. Then, poke holes in the sweet potato, and put on the middle rack, and cook for an hour.
Afterward, remove the sweet potato from the oven leave it to cool, and then scoop it from the skin. You can take the skin out and eat it thus, as a snack, as it is loaded with vitamins.
Add the maple syrup, almond milk, and olive oil to the sweet potato, and mix all of them in a bowl, until you get a homogeneous mixture. You should mix the dry ingredients in another bowl, and then add them to the other one. Stir them all again to prepare the butter.
Then, pour it into the muffin tins, until they are ⅔ full, and cook on the middle rack in the oven for 30-35 minutes. And that is all! Enjoy these delicious muffins, and prepare some for your friends as well, they will be delighted!
The post Anti-Inflammatory Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffins with Ginger, Cinnamon and Maple Syrup appeared first on Nature Health And Beauty.