You don’t have to be an overweight person to have a double chin. A little weight gain can give you a double chin. If you want to know how to lose double chin, these simple exercises can help reduce its size and improve its appearance.
1. HEAD LIFT WORKOUT
- Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor.
- Tuck your chin and raise your head off the floor towards your chest while keeping your shoulders flat.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds then rest for another 10 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times.
2. KISS THE CEILING
- Sit upright in your chair and tilt your head up till you are looking up at the ceiling.
- Then try to kiss the ceiling by puckering your lips and extending them as far away from your face as possible. You should feel a tightening throughout your neck and chin.
- Hold for 10 seconds then come back to the original position.
- Repeat 10 times.
3. CLOCKWISE AND ANTICLOCKWISE HEAD ROTATION
This is a very simple, effective when it comes to fighting off double chin.
- Rotate your head so it moves in a full circle from your shoulder to chest to shoulder to back.
- Rotate your head slowly, 5 times clockwise and then 5 times anticlockwise.
- You will feel the stretch of your facial muscles in the chin, jawline and neck.
4. PLATYSMA EXERCISE
Platysma is the muscle that allows us to create and control our lower face expressions. Double chin appears when fat deposits accumulate in the platysma muscle area, causing the chin region to sag.
- Sit or stand with an erect spine. Pull your lips back against your teeth.
- Open your mouth slightly, and activate the muscles of your jaw. Keep your lips pressed firmly against your teeth. The tendons on your neck should stand out.
- Wiggle your lower jaw up and down 5 to 10 times.
5. CHIN SLAP
While facing forward, carefully slap your lower jaw with the back of your hand, not too hard or too soft. Start gently, then increase speed and pressure. Continue for two minutes at a time.