First, you should know that this super healthy plant is loaded with healthy nutrients and it can provide many health benefits. This amazing plant is a member of the Old World succulent group known as Aloaceae. You should also know that Aloe Vera has many different healing properties and has been used across many continents for thousands of years. Aloe Vera is the perfect houseplant for families since it can be used to safely heal children and adults alike. First, we are going to show you the best internal and topical uses, and after that we are going to show you how to grown your own aloe vera.
- You can use this super healthy plant to super-charge your immune system, and prevent and fight off many diseases and ailments. The pulp contains a large number of antioxidants, which fight damage caused by free radicals.
- You should know that free radicals are usually found in almost everything in your environment. The free radicals produce oxidative stress, which contributes to the cell aging process. This is why you should use Aloe vera gel as an anti-aging skin treatment. The aloe vera gel will help your skin produce metallothionein, an antioxidant protein that protects against radiation damage.
- The experts claim that this super healthy plant also reduces inflammation due to injury and arthritis, offers anti-viral protection and inhibits tumor growth by boosting immunity. It also improves digestive health, particularly in patients suffering from ulcerative colitis and can treat constipation if taken in a high enough dose.
Note: if you want to get the best results out of this super healthy plant, you should drink about a 2 ounces of Aloe Vera. It may be 10 hours before it takes effect. It may also be necessary to drink this once a day for 10 consecutive days.
- Did you know that this super healthy ingredient is usually found in millions of beauty and skin care products all over the world, mostly because of its healing and soothing properties?
- The aloe vera gel keeps the skin looking healthy and youthful by helping it retain moisture and stimulating the production of elastin and collagen. Both of these fibrous proteins increase skin elasticity and reduce wrinkles.
- You should also know that aloe vera gel binds the skin cells together to prevent flaking, making it useful in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis. It has also been successfully used to combat the effects of erythema and improve acne.
- This super healthy plant possesses six antiseptic agents: Lupeol, salicylic acid, urea nitrogen, cinnamonic acid, phenols, and sulfur. These antiseptic agents act as antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal agents, meaning that Aloe gel can be used to relieve rashes from bug bites, allergic reactions, and those from plants such as poison ivy or oak.
- The aloe vera pulp reduces inflammation on the outside and inside of your skin. You can use it to soothe and heal burns and abrasions by preventing infection and promoting skin cell renewal.
- This is also very useful – you can use Aloe vera juice each morning as a mouthwash or apply the gel directly to you gums and teeth to promote oral health and fight the bacteria that causes gum disease and bad breath. It even works just as effectively as chlorhexidine in preventing periodontal diseases.
How to Grow This Miracle Plant
- Before we start, you should know that this super healthy plant is a succulent, which means that it’s very simple to grow. It is also easily harvested and propagated. The aloe vera plant can be purchased from your local garden store or health food store. You can also grow a new plant by transplanting the pups of a mature plant.
- You should know that the aloe vera plant thrives in the same kind of soil as most cacti. Note: this means obtaining premixed cacti soil mix or make it yourself by mixing five parts potting soil, two parts pumice and one-part coir or one-part soil and one-part sand. Place the soil in a well-draining pot such as terra cotta.
- The aloe vera plant is typically kept indoors, but you should also know that it can survive outdoors in most climates. During the warmer months, the dew provided from sitting outside on the deck overnight is generally sufficient for watering Aloe plants. However, it should never be allowed to sit in the rain.
- You should be careful and during the cool or cold months, you should move your Aloe vera plant inside. Note: just like other cacti, it does not do well in extremely low temperatures. The plant also requires less frequent watering during these months. A good rule of thumb is to water it once the top three inches of soil are dry.
- And this is extremely important for you to know – the aloe vera plants that have reached the age of five years old have the most potent properties. Many people only transplant them once every five years, but a new plant can be relocated once after its third year of life. It’s also important to wait 5-6 days before watering a newly planted Aloe. We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.
The post HOW TO GROW ALOE VERA AT HOME (AND HEALTH BENEFITS) appeared first on Healthy Life Idea.