Here is a homemade soothing muscle rub, which is all-natural and free of chemicals. It can be very easily and quickly made at home.
Furthermore, cayenne is the main ingredient of this joint and muscle rub and here is why:
One of the active ingredients of cayenne is capsaicin that stimulates the release of substance P in the body. In other words, the inflammatory and nerve cells of the immune system release this substance that is responsible for helping the body perceive pain as well as inducing various cytokine release to stimulate a healthy inflammatory response.
In addition, cayenne also helps in dilating blood vessels, thus making more anti-inflammatory cells get to the affected area. If cayenne is applied, substance P is released and subsequently depleted, the pain threshold in the area increases, which is also called pain desensitization.
The pain is actually lower in the area, thus allowing you to take the other necessary steps to help that body part heal, regardless of whether it is stretching, walking, exercising or physical therapy, thanks to cayenne, your body will be healed much sooner!
This cayenne rub includes additional ingredients, so that it can help your achy muscles relax and perhaps even heal some of them.
- Turmeric is a spice has been long used due to its remarkable anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It helps in lowering swelling and inflammation.
- Coconut oil can nourish your skin. Moreover, this oil is antimicrobial and therefore it is an ideal base for this rub. It has been also proven that coconut oil has stong pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger is also a marvelous spice that has been long used in Traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic Medicine. It is a natural warming and anti-inflammatory agent. If used in a muscle rub, ginger can boost blood flow and alleviate pain.
- Raw cocoa butter can also nourishes the skin. It is packed with antioxidants that can be absorbed by the skin.
- Peppermint Essential Oil possesses menthol, which is also frequently used for muscle soreness since it can relax the muscles and decrease the pain. It can cool the area, thus providing great relief like ice. As you can see, there is an excellent balance and amazing combination with the peppermint and ginger.
Apart from using the rub for your sore muscles, it is also recommended to:
- Drink a lot of water. It is necessary for carrying the blood around and helping in decreasing inflammation. Remember that sufficient amount of water is key for healing. It is advisable to consume half your body weight in ounces of water on a daily basis. But, in case you have an injured area, consider drinking another 15-20 ounces of water.
- Rest the area. You should regularly rest the area that suffers chronic pain. Bear in mind that rest is another healing paramount!
- Take Turmeric capsules to reduce or even heal your arthritis pain. It has been found that 1500mg of turmeric capsules per day are as potent as NSAIDs when it comes to lowering pain in knee osteoarthritis sufferers, but without triggering the NSAIDS side effects.
Cayenne Joint and Muscle Rub Recipe:
- 4 oz. glass jar
- 2 tsp of organic Cayenne powder
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of organic Turmeric powder
- ¼ cup of raw cocoa butter or coconut oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 tsp of organic Ginger powder
- ¼ cup of grated beeswax
In a pyrex glass container, add the cocoa butter, coconut oil, and beeswax and place it into a sauce pan containing 2-3 inches of water.
Afterwards, simmer the water and continually stir it until the ingredients are fully melted.
Next, add the ginger, turmeric and cayenne powder and stir the mixture until it is well-moistened. It takes about 60 seconds.
Then, remove the mixture from the heat, add the peppermint essential oil and pour it into a glass jar right away.
But, let it cool prior to placing a lid.
It should be liberally used on the affected area.
The remedy should be kept in a fridge since it is free of preservatives and lasts about 6-8 weeks.
Warning: You should wash your hands after applying it to affected area, since peppermint essential oil and cayenne are too strong. Turmeric could also result in mild skin yellowing that is quite normal.
The post The Painkilling Cayenne Cream Recipe That Anyone With Stiff Joints or Sore Muscles Needs to Try appeared first on Healthy Life Idea.