The liver plays a vital role in our body and it is important to pay attention to your health. Diet, exercise and proper sleep are three key habits to maintain a healthy liver.
When something goes wrong with the liver, the effects can be seen in different functions and parts of the body. There are several types of liver problems. The most common are cirrhosis, cystic disease, fatty liver disease, gallstones and hepatitis among others.
Always remember that if you give good care to your liver, you are sure to stay very well with your health. We recommend keeping an eye open for any signs that alert liver damage. You should seek treatment as soon as possible to detect the disease and help your liver to make a full recovery.
In this article we will show you ways to identify if your liver is having problems, also a list of habits that may be slowly damaging your liver.
Here are 10 signs of liver damage.
Nausea and vomiting
People who suffer from liver damage often have a persistent feeling of nausea. This arises because of decreased ability of the liver to process and eliminate toxins.
Weakness and tiredness
The constant feeling of fatigue and tiredness can also be a sign of liver malfunction.
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite is also one of the first signs that your liver is not working properly
If the liver starts to malfunction, it can lead to digestive problems like diarrhea and indigestion.
Changes in the color of the urine
The change in urine color occurs due to an increase in bilirubin level. This happens when the liver is unable to remove bilirubin through the kidneys.
Yellowing of the skin
One of the first signs of liver damage is when you notice the yellowing of the skin, eyes, tongue and nails or fingertips.
Changes in stool color
Changes in stool color may also indicate liver problems.
Changes in the abdominal area
Changes in the abdominal area are another possible sign of a faulty liver. You may experience pain or cramping in the lower abdominal area as well as swelling.
Liver damage affects us in the retention of fluids causing swelling.
Sensitivity of the skin
Another early sign of a liver problem is increased skin sensitivity. Your skin may be itchy, scaly, or too tender to the touch. It can even bruise easily. In some cases, people also notice the appearance of veins through the skin.
Habits to change
• Stop drinking alcohol altogether.
• Stop smoking as soon as possible.
• Daily exercise like walking, yoga, swimming, jogging or running is essential.
• Take all possible measures to avoid constipation, as it can worsen the condition.
• Strive to keep your cholesterol and triglycerides at healthy levels.
• Consume foods that cleanse the liver, such as garlic, turmeric, walnuts, grapefruit, beet root, apples, broccoli, avocado, and lemon.
• Eat foods rich in vitamin C, which has protective effects against liver damage.
• Limit your animal protein and salt intake.
• Avoid processed foods and scrap as they are not good for liver health. Also, avoid dairy products and refined sugar products.
We really hope you enjoyed this article and do not forget to share it with your family and friends. Thank you.
The post 10 SIGNS OF LIVER DAMAGE AND TIPS TO STRENGTHEN THE LIVER appeared first on Healthy Life Idea.