1. Relieves Achy MusclesTo soothe sore, overworked and achy muscles, Vicks VapoRub is a quick solution. The menthol in it increases blood circulation and provides quick relief to achy muscles.
2. Get Rid of Nasty Nail FungusRub VapoRub on your toenails if you suspect you have a fungus. Within days, the nail will turn dark—this means the Vicks is killing the fungus. As your toenail grows out, the dark part will grow off and you will have fungus-free feet. Keep applying the ointment over a period of two weeks to fully cleanse nail beds of any remaining bacteria.
3. Treat Cracked HeelsCracked heels can be painful, itchy and isn’t appealing. So apply Vicks to your heels and place a sock over it. When you wake up the next day remove the sock and rinse it off with warm water. To remove the thick skins rub your heel with a pumice stone. This treatment works best if you apply the Vicks before going to sleep.
4. Go Away MosquitoesVicks wards off mosquitoes. Apply small dabs of Vicks VapoRub to your skin and clothes and mosquitoes will steer clear. If you do get bitten, apply Vicks to the area and cover it with a Band-Aid to relieve itching.
5. STOP STRETCH MARKS Believe it or not, countless reviews of Vicks say that it is like a magic eraser of stretch marks or loose skin after pregnancy. If you have stretch marks either from a pregnancy or you just recently lost weight, apply Vicks on the area and it will reduce the visibility of them. You need to apply this often to get the best results.
6. CLEAR UP ACNEVicks VapoRub can work miracles in clearing up all sorts of skin conditions. Apply a small amount of Vicks VapoRub on the affected area. Leave it on for about 30 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat 3 times daily for a few days until your skin is free of acne.
7. Eliminate WartsApply Vicks on the warts two times a day, cover it with gauze and put on socks. After a few days you will feel better and after two weeks the wart will disappear.
8. Prevents BruisesYour fresh bruise will disappear quickly if you apply a pinch of salt combined with Vicks VapoRub on the affected area.