Oregano oil is derived from the flowers and leaves of the wild oregano plant. It is an incredibly powerful antimicrobial that fights infections to the death. It has a wide range of health benefits, which can be attributed to its antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties.
Antibiotics have become more popular than ever, and it may seem odd, but people now swallow antibiotics for minor ailments. This is definitely wrong, because excessive use of antibiotics and using the wrong antibiotic often leads to antibiotic resistance. Antibiotics are commonly used by patients who have had surgeries or people who are bothered with common cold.
Doctors are even worse. They believe that antibiotics can cure anything. There’re people who got antibiotics just because they tripped over and fell. In what way are bruises and bumps connected with antibiotics.
Penicillin, amoxicillin, cephalexin and azithromycin are the most common.
Yes, some ailments do require that you use antibiotics, but consider using natural alternatives. For some people, oregano oil is an absolute favorite.
Always keep a bottle of oregano oil in your home
Oregano oil is obtained from wild oregano, and producers use both its flowers and leaves. This oil is a strong antimicrobial agent that helps in the treatment of numerous infections. Oregano oil offers huge antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties which is why it has so many applications.
When compared to other aromatic plants, oregano oil has the highest concentration of phenols, a type of natural phytochemical compounds with antioxidant power. Thymol and carvacrol are the most common. These two give oregano oil its healing power.
Phenols in oregano oil destroy pathogens in the way they get into the cell membranes of microbes. This will help you boost immunity, neutralize the negative effect of free radicals, and heal tissues.
Microorganisms cause most of the disease you deal with, so try to use oregano oil to destroy them. It kills dangerous microbes, and also prevents and treats infections like:
- Yeast infections: Bacterial vaginosis, Candida albicans.
- Parasitic infections: Giardisis, flatworms, tapeworms, ringworms.
- Urinary tract infections: E.coli, proteus, chlamydia, mycoplasma.
- Food poisoning: Salmonella, listeria, campylobacter, shigella, botulism, norovirus.
- Lung infections: Streptococcus, haemophilus, staphylococcus, mycobacterium.
- MRSA infection (Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus)
Use oregano oil
- Add a couple of drops in your diffuser or vaporizer to relieve nasal congestion, and treat lung infections
- Add 2-3 drops of the oil in a glass of water to relieve sore throat
- Stir 1-2 drops of oregano oil into a capful of coconut oil or Aloe Vera gel. Apply the mixture on any acne, cold sores, nail fungus, shingles or psoriasis. Be careful, you should never use oregano oil on sensitive skin because it may cause a severe burning sensation. Apply it using a cotton pad to prevent the spreading of bacteria
- Combine equal parts of oregano oil and olive oil. Use the oily mixture on your acnes, sore muscles, and back ache
- Add 3-4 drops of the oil in a glass of water. Drink this 2-3 times a day, preferably before your meals to boost your immunity
- A drop of oregano oil can do wonders to your toothpaste. It destroys the bacteria that “spoil” your breath
Oregano oil detox
- Add 3-4 drops of the oil in a glass of water. Drink this 2-3 times a day. Remember, some people can’t stand the flavor. If this is your case, use less oil.
- You can also take 3-4 drops, and then drink your water. This is a nice way to prevent the burning sensation.
- Drink the aromatic liquid for 2 weeks to destroy parasites and treat infections. Make a break for a week, and start all over again. Keep in mind that oregano oil is super strong, and you shouldn’t use it for too long.
- Oregano oil detox does miracles for those who deal with stubborn candida infections who don’t eat sugar and processed foods.
- Natural antibiotic have almost no side effects, because they leave the good bacteria intact, and boost the intestinal microflora.
As mentioned before, oregano oil is strong, and you should always use it diluted. DO NOT apply it on open wound and damaged skin. Dilute it in water or carrier oils. Olive, coconut, avocado and jojoba oil work just fine.
Using oregano oil in therapeutic purposes sometimes causes a reaction called “Herxheimer.” It involves a condition in which pathogens die and release toxins. This leads to a temporary overload of toxins in the bloodstream that’s oftentimes accompanied with headache, tiredness, and even nausea. If this is your case, stop using this oil, and drink plenty of water to “flush away” the symptoms.
Vulnerable groups who should be more careful
This applies to children, pregnant women, nursing moms, patients with hypertension or heart disease, and other patients that take medications or receive specific therapies.
Consult your naturopathic doctor over the use of this oil. When used properly, oregano oil can do wonders to your body.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.
The post Oregano Oil Is Far More Superior Than Prescription Antibiotics, Without The Side Effects appeared first on Green Tree Medic.