Did you know that consuming eggs and milk together is a really bad idea?
Although you may not see any immediate effects, this combination can cause some serious damage to your body in the long run. This is because the difference in the structure of proteins in the two food items makes it difficult for them to be digested together.
Here are some basic food combining rules that you must follow while you plan your meals.
Food Combinations To Avoid:
1. Dairy products and antibiotics: Some antibiotics bind to calcium, iron, and other minerals in milk-based foods. This prevents the absorption of the antibiotics, ultimately decreasing their ability to fight infections. When you get a new prescription for acne or an infection, ask if the drug falls into a class known as tetracyclines or fluoroquinolones. If so, avoid milk, yogurt, and cheese 2 hours before and after taking the pills.
2. Limes and cough medicine: limes can inhibit or block enzymes that break down cholesterol-lowering statins. A well-known cough medication is a dextromethorphan, this medication can build up in your bloodstream if you fail to break down statins which will then increase unwanted side effects from the medication.
3. Lentils and Red Wine: Red wines contain compounds called tannins. When tannins intermingle with plant-based sources of iron, like those found in lentils and soybeans, it seriously hinders your body’s ability to absorb the mineral.
4. Bananas and milk: Ayurveda lists this combination as one of the heaviest and toxin-forming. It is said to create heaviness in the body and slow down the mind. If you are a fan of milk-based banana smoothies make sure that banana is very ripe and add cardamom and nutmeg to stimulate digestion.
5. Water during meals: Many Doctors recommend avoiding water in between or immediately after a meal as it causes discomfort and may interfere with your digestion. Keep a gap of at least 30 minutes between your meal and water intake. This will help in proper absorption of required nutrients by the body.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.