Every person wants a perfect and flawless skin. Clear and beautiful skin gives us confidence and is also an indicator of our health.
The health of the skin primarily depends on your skin care regimen and lifestyle habits. Some of the most important factors that take a toll on the texture and quality of your skin are stress, poor nutrition, lack of sleep, excessive smoking, drinking alcohol, pollution, and damage from the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
We have thousands of skin and beauty care products on the market that guarantee clear and glowing skin. However, you don’t have to only rely on them to give you beautiful skin. There are foods and ingredients, which you probably already have in your home, that have been known for years to be able to improve the overall health and appearance of your skin.
Here are the top 10 ways to get clear skin at home.
Lemons have been used for years by people who want radiant skin. They contain citric acid which will clean your skin by removing dead cells, and the vitamin C in lemons will increase the cell renewal process and thus reduce dark spots by. Lemons bleaching properties will also help improve your overall skin complexion.
– Squeeze one lemon and apply the juice on your face and neck. Wash it after 10 minutes with lukewarm water. Then, rub cucumber slices on your face and neck to moisturize them. Do this every day or every other day.
– You can also squeeze half a lemon and mix it with one or two tablespoons of honey. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
– You can use lemon to exfoliate your skin. Take two teaspoons of lemon juice and two teaspoons of sugar. Apply the mixture on your face, neck and hands and scrub in a circular motion. After you are finished rubbing, leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Following this remedy once a week will give you glowing skin.
Turmeric is a brilliant antiseptic and skin-lightening agent that will minimize your scars and other marks. It also alleviates inflammatory, allergic and infectious skin disorders that make your skin look dull and lifeless.
– Take one tablespoon of turmeric powder and mix it with enough pineapple juice to make a paste. Apply this paste to your face and neck and leave it on until it dries completely. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Following this remedy two or three times a week will reduce the appearance of spots on your skin.
– Turmeric can also help lighten your skin tone and remove scars. Take two equal amounts of turmeric powder and gram flour with a little water or milk and mix them to make a paste. Apply the paste evenly on your skin and leave it on until it dries. Wash it off with lukewarm water by scrubbing your skin gently in a circular motion. Do this once a week to see results.
Honey is a great moisturizer, which is essential for clear skin. Honey will keep your skin well moisturized and ward off infections due to its antibacterial properties.
– Simply apply raw honey directly on your skin, and rinse it off with lukewarm water after a while. Your skin will become soft and supple due to the water content in honey which will deeply moisturize the skin. Do this simple remedy once a day or every other day.
– To enjoy radiant and clear skin, make a mask by mixing two teaspoons of milk, one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of gram flour. Mix the ingredients well. Apply the mask all over your face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. Use this face mask once a week to see amazing results.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is very beneficial for the skin. Its antibacterial properties will help kill the bacteria that cause acne, its anti-inflammatory properties will help soothe irritated skin, and its astringent properties will help heal your scars. Furthermore, aloe vera will moisturize your skin and stimulate new skin cell growth.
– Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
– Apply the gel on your face using a cotton ball.
– Leave it on for 30 minutes until it dries, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
– Follow this remedy every day or several times per week.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda balances the pH levels of the skin, which is very important for maintaining clear skin. It has mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that will help you with your acne, pimples and spots. You can also use it as an exfoliant to keep the skin free from dirt, impurities and dead skin cells.
– Take one teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with one teaspoon of water or lemon juice to make a paste. Put this paste on a previously cleaned face and start gently exfoliating. When you’re finished, rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a towel. Repeat this process two or three times a week.
– You can also exfoliate your skin using baking soda and raw honey. Mix one teaspoon of each and apply the mixture onto damp skin and massage gently for one minute. Wash your face with lukewarm water. In the end, splash some cold water on your face to close the pores. Repeat this once a week.
Their hydrating, nourishing and astringent properties make cucumbers very good for the skin. They will improve the overall appearance of your skin by removing dead skin cells, repairing damaged skin cells and adding a fresh glow.
– Rub your face thoroughly with slices from a fresh cucumber before going to bed and then don’t wash it. Instead, rinse it with warm water in the morning. Do this daily before going to bed.
– You can also make a mixture with equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply the mixture to your skin (you can use a cotton pad), allow it to dry completely, and then wash it off with warm water. Do this every day.
You can use papaya to improve your skin’s texture and maintain clear skin. Its natural bleaching properties will help you reduce the appearance of scars. Plus, papaya contains the enzyme papain which has antibacterial and wound healing abilities and will help you remove dead and damaged skin.
1. Chop a ripe papaya into small pieces. Add one teaspoon each of sandalwood powder and honey. Grind the ingredients until you get a paste.
2. Apply the paste all over your face and neck and leave it on for 30 minutes.
3. Rinse it off with cool water and pat dry your skin.
4. In the end apply some rose water on your face.
5. Following this remedy once a week will give you a noticeable change in your skin tone.
Walnuts contain antioxidants that will give you a beautiful glow if you have a dull, dry and lifeless skin. They will also repair your skin cells and promote radiant skin. You can use walnuts in powder form to exfoliate your skin and remove impurities and dirt which cannot be achieved with an ordinary cleansing product.
– Make a paste by mixing two teaspoons of walnut powder with two tablespoons of plain yogurt. Apply the paste on your face and neck and leave it to dry. Then scrub the mixture around your face and rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this face mask once a week.
– Soak three walnuts in water overnight. In the morning, make a paste by mixing one teaspoon of rose water with the walnuts. Apply the paste on your face and leave it for an hour. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy once a week.
– Eating two or three walnuts with a glass of milk every morning will improve your skin’s texture.
9. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants that prevent free radical activity, which is one of the reasons people have dull and lifeless skin. It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties that will give you and help you maintain clear skin. In addition, you will have soft and moisturized skin since coconut oil can penetrate deep into the underlying tissues of the skin.
1. Slightly warm up some coconut oil in a microwave.
2. Apply the warm oil to your face, neck, hands and legs by massaging it into the skin for 10 minutes.
3. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
4. Use this treatment once a day.
Menthol, the main ingredient in mint, has cooling and soothing properties that will keep your skin healthy and glowing. It also has wonderful healing properties that will fight off skin infections.
1. Put one teaspoon of mint powder, one tablespoon of plain yogurt and one tablespoon of fuller’s earth in a bowl.
2. Set it aside for 30 minutes to allow the ingredients to soak properly. Then stir them to get a smooth paste.
3. Apply this homemade face pack on your face and neck.
4. Leave it on to dry, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
5. Using this face mask once a week will give you clear skin.
If you want to see positive changes on your skin you need to use the remedies of your choice on a regular basis. And, of course, you should follow a strict skin care routine that suits your skin type.