This popular and trendy way of cooking eggs has everyone going crazy. Forget poaching, frying or hard-boiling. These days, the most popular and trendiest way of preparing egg yolks is by curing.
Burying the egg yolks in a mixture of sugar and salt for a handful of days dries them out and concentrates their flavor. It delivers a unique hint of richness and salt to anything you grate it over.
Cured Egg Yolks
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup sugar
1. Combine 1 cup salt and sugar in a bowl.
2. Mix well to combine.
3. Then put half of the mixture in a small baking dish.
4. Separate 4 egg yolks and keep the whites for other use.
5. Place each egg yolk on top of the salt-sugar mixture.
6. Gently sprinkle the yolks with the rest of the salt-sugar mixture.
7. Cover the baking dish using plastic wrap.
8. Refrigerate for 4 days.
9. Remove the egg yolks from the refrigerator after 4 days.
10. Gently brush the salt-sugar mixture off of the egg yolks, using a pastry brush.
11. Remove the remaining salt-sugar mixture off by running the yolks under cold water.
12. Put the yolks on a paper towel to drain any excess water.
13. Place the yolks in a parchment-lined baking sheet.
14. Bake them at 150 degrees for 2 hours.
15. The egg yolks should be semi-firm and may look like dried apricots.
16. Use them right away or place them in a tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Uses for Cured Egg Yolks:
1. Grate on top of pasta, as a substitute to hard cheese.
2. Grate over white-bean crostini for a hint of salt.
3. Add into soups by dissolving into thin shavings.
4. Grate over cooked vegetables such as steamed aspaaragus or bok choy.
5. Season fried egg by grating over it.
Egg yolks are packed with vitamin D, protein and omega-3s. Even though egg yolks are high in cholesterol, consuming dietary cholesterol does notincrease your blood cholesterol.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.
The post The Popular Way To Prepare Eggs That Has Everyone Going Crazy appeared first on Green Tree Medic.